Hands & Voices of Oregon
Hands & Voices of Oregon supports families navigating the journey of raising a child who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
Guide By Your Side
Guide By Your Side is a parent-led program with Parent Guides located throughout the state who support families in their local community.
Oregon Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, along with their families, are empowered to confidently navigate their journeys to reach their full potential and well-being.
Reach out to your region’s Parent Guide to talk to someone who just “gets it.” The Parent Guides in our Guide By Your Side program all have children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. They understand how powerful it can be to connect with someone who has lived a similar experience.
Visit our Facebook Page
Our Facebook Page offers relevant links to resources, events happening in your area, and up-to-date news related to the Deaf Community. Also search for our private, parent-only Facebook group, “Guide By Your Side of Oregon,” to be connected to our Oregon network of families.
Learn More about H&V
Get to know our Oregon Chapter and our parent organization, Hands & Voices. Learn about our mission, vision, core beliefs, and organizaton values. Also, read about our history to understand why Hands & Voices was created.
Most organizations for or of the Deaf rally around common interests that usually include a philosophy of communication that is promoted by that group. Hands & Voices does not promote specific communication choices or methodologies, but we have information about them and can direct families or professionals to other fine support organizations. Our rallying points are areas of interest that are common to all people, but especially parents, connected by the interests of the Deaf or Hard of Hearing, and include these values…
- We value families and children having and accessing relevant services and reliable information.
- We value all family members as collaborative partners with agencies, schools and professional organizations.
- We value unbiased support for navigating communication modalities, educational priorities, choice to or not to amplify and other technologies.
- We value the personal choice of identity for D/deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- We value and respect children and family’s decision making and choices.
- We value building communities and leadership where children and families are supported, connected and empowered.
- We value inclusion and diversity with respect.
- We value integrity and accountability in our leadership and in the services provided to our children and families.
Información en Español
Favor de visitar nuestra página dedicada a ayudar familias aprender sobre nuestra misión y nuestros recursos disponibles.
Visit our events page to view in-person and virtual events happening around the state of Oregon.
Families, those in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, professionals, volunteers, or individuals interested in donating, we can’t wait to meet you!
Hands & Voices of Oregon does not discriminate on the basis of communication modalities, age, race, religion, gender identity, gender, or immigration status. All are welcome.