Hands & Voices (H&V) is dedicated to supporting families with children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing without a bias around communication modes or methods. We are a parent-driven, non-profit organization providing families with the resources, networks, and information they need to improve communication access and educational outcomes for their children. Our outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on enabling Deaf and Hard of Hearing children to reach their highest potential. For more information visit the Hands & Voices website.
“What works for your child makes the choice right!”
Mission, Vision & Organization Values
Hands & Voices of Oregon is a state chapter of the international organization, Hands & Voices.
Hands & Voices of Oregon supports families and children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing through their journey by direct parent-to-parent connections, Deaf and Hard of Hearing mentorship, educational advocacy, community development, and support programs. We collaborate with Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and hearing professionals; educational and healthcare systems; and the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community to benefit families throughout the state, without bias and with respect.
Oregon Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, along with their families, are empowered to confidently navigate their journeys to reach their full potential and well-being.
- We value families and children having and accessing relevant services and reliable information.
- We value all family members as collaborative partners with agencies, schools and professional organizations.
- We value unbiased support for navigating communication modalities, educational priorities, choice to, or not to, amplify and the use of other technologies.
- We value the personal choice of identity for D/deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals.
- We value and respect children and family’s decision making and choices.
- We value building communities and leadership where children and families are supported, connected and empowered.
- We value inclusion and diversity with respect.
- We value integrity and accountability in our leadership and in the services provided to our children and families.
Disclaimer: This H&V chapter and its website may publish articles or commentaries from authors presenting their own perspectives. All contributed material is solely the viewpoint of the authors and may not reflect the viewpoint or indicate the sponsorship of Hands & Voices. It is intended for informational purposes only.